So during the modelling process I realised that my turn around sheets were REALLY innacurate. So some pieces had to be a compromise between front and back.
In the end I am pretty glad the way it turned out (rendered image). Although I am not sure how to preview through renderer with preview mode on.
For ship model I used a reference picture which I found during my research.
At first I thought texturing everything by hand as in cutting UV maps, transporting them to photoshop and back to maya, but texturing ship didn’t turn out so well.
I did manage to texture character.
But somewhere in the middle of texturing process I decided that maybe it would be faster if I would just make a texture and apply it. Here are the textures which I had in mind.
But it turned out awful. So then I thought that maybe I should download a texture file from internet.
It turned out even worse.
In the end I chose to use blin texture with green shade. As in lighting setting you can’t really determine what colour the ship is.